BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 22, 2010

Book Review #12

Title: Twilight 1: The Graphic Novel
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Art and Adaptation: Young Kim

Summary: The love story between the innocent teenager Bella and the handsome vampire Edward, which prompted a worldwide phenomenon, breathes new life in a two-volume adaptation of Twilight! The first volume has been rigorously reviewed by Stephenie Meyer and reflects her personal vision of the world of The Twilight Saga. This unique art style -- a black-and-white graphic novel with color interspersed throughout -- is guaranteed to take a bite out of the graphic novel world and leave fans eagerly anticipating the exciting conclusion in Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 2 (publication date not available). (Summary provided by Borders)


Review: I am a Twilight fan, and I wanted to read the graphic novel to see the newest interpretation of it. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed reading this. This was the first time I had ever read a graphic novel, and I thought the art was beautiful, and they kept everything that made it Twilight.
I noticed that some of the art was drawn a little like the movie, and then some was what Kim had interpreted. I liked that because it added a new feel to it. 
The story remains the same, one we all know and love, the story of how Bella and Edward fall in love. It starts off the same, but the first volume ends right when Edward drops Bella off after they go to the field. I personally can not wait for the others to come out. There really isn't much to say about the story because it's all the same. I do wish they had just made a larger graphic novel and just made the whole book on big one, rather than make us wait for them to come out with Twilight part 2. I give it an 8/10 Stars


To read my Twilight book Review click here!

0 comments: