BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 8, 2010

Movie Review #4

Alice in Wonderland


"19-year-old Alice returns to the magical world from her childhood adventure, where she reunites with her old friends and learns of her true destiny: to end the Red Queen's reign of terror."


Everyone knows the story of Alice in Wonderland; little girl falls down the rabbit hole and fun ensues. Tim Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland is similar however it's the second time she's fallen down the rabbit hole, but she doesn't remember and thinks it was all a dream. Tim Burton fans will not be disappointed because his kooky style is style there along with his sidekick Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. Depp's interpretation of the Mad Hatter was wonderful! It was a combination of his Pirates character and his Willy Wonka character. Helena Bonham Carter played the red queen and if you can get by her unusually large head and tiny body she played it rather well. Anne Hathaway as the white queen was great! A little overly sweet, but other than that she was great.  And I can't forget Mia Wasikowska as Alice, in my opinion she was perfectly casted. I was happy that she didn't disappoint me in this, because it would really have changed my view of the movie if I didn't like her as Alice. 


The story was good. It was different than the disney version, and I really liked that. It was almost like a sequel. I was not expecting that. I went into the movie expecting to see a darker version of the disney movie, but that's not what I got. It was very different. The set was beautifully designed I enjoyed having it pop out at me. The 3D added so much depth to the movie and I loved that. I'm not a huge fan of seeing movies in 3D, but I was happy to have seen this one. 


Alice will be loved by adults, teenagers, and children everywhere. Whether you loved the disney version, just love the story, or are a die-hard Tim Burton fan, you will enjoy this movie. I would have to give this an 8/10 Stars. 

0 comments: