BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Movie Review #3


Taking Woodstock


Taking Woodstock is about just that, the Woodstock Music and Arts Festival. Elliot is a local boy in the town of White Lake, NY and he brings the festival to this small town and disrupts the lives of everyone in it.
I had wanted to see Taking Woodstock because I thought it was interesting and the way people lived in the 60's has always interested me. I had also just seen the Broadway Play Hair so I was in that frame of mind.
The story of Taking Woodstock was interesting. It felt more like a documentary than anything. There weren't big name actors in it, the three biggest names were Paul Dano who had maybe 10 minutes of screen time, Eugene Levy who only had about 20 minutes, and Liev Schreiber  who I won't give away but he had an amazing role! The main character Elliot, was played by Demetri Martin, and he was ok but honestly nothing special, I just wasn't very impressed with him.
Something that really disappointed me was the lack of "footage" from the music festival. I was hoping to see some people in the crowd singing along or even a glimpse of the stage up  close, but for a movie about a music festival, there was a serious lack of music.
On a better note one thing that I liked about the film was some of the camera work. They incorporated a few clips (about 15 seconds long) that were shot with an old camera that helped give it a more personal feel, but because of some of the issues I had with the movie, I'm only giving it a 6/10 Stars.

0 comments: