BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Movie Review #2


UP


Up is a cute animaged film about an older man, and a younger child. The older gentleman, Carl Frederickson, has promised his late wife that they would move to a secluded area next to a waterfall, and after she dies he decides to make her dream a reality.
Mr. Frederickson is a cranky, old man, who just wants to be left alone. He decides to blow up a whole bunch of balloons and begins and adventure of a lifetime. In mid-air he hears a knock on the door, and Russell, one of the neighborhood kids is also taking the journey with him.
Up contains touching elements that could bring anyone to tears. We see Mr. Frederickson and his late wife grow up and grow old together, and we see how much they love one another, and when she dies you can tell just how much it hurts him. I can only imagine what would happen if the love of my life was ripped away from me. I would be a mess too.
The story of Up is cute, and wonderful in the sense that it was new, however it did seem to loose it's essence when they brought in the robotic dog pack. One was ok because it was interesting, but a whole bunch of them was a little odd, and made me roll my eyes.
The animation was incredible, but Pixar's animation never fails to impress me. All in all I believe taht Up will be enjoyed by people of all ages. I'm not going to say it's a perfect date movie, but it's got a little romance in it, but be warned it is a bit sad. I give this a 7/10 stars.

0 comments: